What We Believe
You may ask, “Just what is the Church of Christ?” Speaking for the Riverchase Church of Christ we would simply point you to the Bible. It truly is that basic. We are a 21st century congregation who believes the Bible to be the perfect Word of God. We believe that all of Scripture is inspired of God and provides everything we need to live a life that pleases Him. (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:3) Because of this we strive to worship in the same way the first century Church did when it was established by Christ and His Apostles.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He came to earth to save us from our sins and reconcile us to God the Father. We believe while on earth, Jesus was both God and man, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and died on the cross for all mankind providing the perfect sacrifice for our sins through the shedding of His blood.
- We believe that He rose from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return again in power and glory to receive His own.
- Our desire for pure Christianity with no additional creeds, simply the Bible in its entirety is why our congregation is pastored by a group of men called Elders (1 Tim 3:1-8), why our ministers do not take confession, and why our church family addresses each other simply as brother or sister.
- In light of this desire to accurately follow the Biblical first-century church’s pattern our worship includes Bible study and we observe the Lord’s Supper every Sunday. This is a focal point of our worship in order to remind us of the price paid for our salvation by a loving savior (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor 11).
- Our prayers are offered through Jesus Christ (Hebrews 7:25; John 16: 23-26). Our music in worship is singing and making melody in our heart (Eph 5:19) and the church is supported exclusively by the giving of our members following the command and example of the early church (1 Cor 16). When someone, who has come to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, asks the most important question, “What must I do to be saved?” the Bible clearly answers that question as well. (Acts 2; Acts 8:26-39)
- Please know we are not perfect. In fact we firmly believe that we are only able to be saved by the grace of God as offered to sinners (Rom 3:23-24). Being the beneficiary of this grace found in Christ, we strive to be more like Jesus each day (Rom 6:1-2). We do not hold to what we believe in order to be different from any other group.
- We simply trust and believe the Bible to be God’s Word and we strive to live our lives by that truth.
- Knowing our heart and our desire to simply seek and follow God’s Word we hope you to hear from you, or better yet see you soon at the Riverchase Church of Christ.