Play: As a family create’s a hopscotch board in your driveway with sidewalk chalk. Take turns playing the game. See who can create the silliest jumps!
Or, if you have a trampoline take time to jump together as a family. See who can jump the highest!
Read: Read Acts 3:1-10 together. If you have a children’s storybook Bible read the story from there also.
Emphasize how this man had never known how to walk and had been crippled since birth.
Ask: 1) Do you know anyone who has a disability?
2) How can we show care and concern for those with a disability?
3) How do you think God wants us to care for those who need help?
4) When the man in the Bible story asked Peter and John for money, what did they give him instead?
5) How did the man respond when he was able to walk? What did he do?
6) When are times that you are excited to praise God?
7) What did the people do when they saw the lame man walking?
Pray: As a family create a list of reasons we should praise God. Thank God for all the ways he has blessed you in your life. Give honor to God for all the wonderful things he has done for you. Ask God to help us always find ways to praise him.
Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong.
Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God. Acts 3: 6-8.